THE 2021 SCHOLARSHIP IS NOW OPEN FOR SUBMISSIONS. WINNER ANNOUNCED AUGUST 2021.
Rivkind, Margulies & Rivkind, P.A., a personal injury law firm with an international reputation in representing Miami maritime injury law and Florida boating accident claims, with six-plus decades of experience, is pleased to announce the Rivkind, Margulies & Rivkind Legal Scholarship. The scholarship, open to students pursuing a degree in the legal field, awards $1,000 to the chosen individual. Applicants must be:
- Pursuing an undergraduate degree in pre-law, paralegal studies, or political science, OR
- Earning a J.D. in any concentration related to the law.
The qualify for the Scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- You must be a United States citizen
- You must provide proof of 1) your current full-time enrollment in an accredited institution, OR 2) your letter of acceptance into an accredited institution
- Current undergraduates may apply, and the criteria in bullet item two still applies
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
To apply, you must provide the following documents:
- An academic transcript
- Proof of admission and enrollment in a J.D. program at an accredited institution
- A transcript or letter of acceptance proving your intent to enroll in law school either this or the next calendar year
Please submit the following materials by July 1, 2021
- A completed Legal Scholarship Application (provided on our website).
- An essay (650 words) discussing what the applicant hopes to accomplish through employment in the legal field
- A valid transcript from a college or university reflecting academic standing (minimum 3.0 GPA), and proof of acceptance and/or enrollment.
Applications missing required material will be rejected.
The winning applicant will be notified of their $1,000 award by early August 2021.
Applications must be postmarked by July 1‚ 2021. Applicants may submit their materials electronically or via mail.
Electronic applications should be submitted to email@example.com. Please include “Rivkind, Margulies & Rivkind Legal Scholarship 2021” in the subject line.
Mailing address for printed applications:
Rivkind Margulies & Rivkind P.A.
Attn: Brett Rivkind
66 W Flagler Street, 7th Floor
Miami, FL 33130
If you still have questions after carefully reading through the scholarship guidelines outlined above, you may send them to firstname.lastname@example.org. Someone will respond promptly.
Use of the Scholarship
The Rivkind, Margulies & Rivkind $1,000 Legal Scholarship will be used exclusively for school tuition and expenses. A check will be written to your institution of higher education, and they will apply your scholarship directly towards your educational expenses.
Number Of Recipients
One applicant will be chosen for the scholarship based on academic excellence and overall strength of the application.
Will An Unofficial Transcript Suffice?
No, only transcripts from your school’s registrar will be considered.
Do I Need Both Proof of Acceptance and Proof of Enrollment?
You will need to prove either acceptance or enrollment. If you have not yet attended law school, a letter of acceptance indicating your intent to enroll will suffice.
For those providing a letter of acceptance as proof, we will verify your enrollment with the school’s registrar office before sending any funds.
What Can I Use As Proof of Enrollment?
Your school’s registrar office will be able to supply you with documentation proving enrollment or acceptance. We do not accept class schedules as proof of enrollment.
Is The Scholarship For Law School Students Only?
The Rivkind, Margulies & Rivkind Legal Scholarship is open to students pursuing a degree in the legal field. This includes those enrolled in law school or those in an undergraduate degree who have been accepted into law school for the following calendar year. Please reach us with questions regarding eligibility.
Data Use Policy: Information gathered is used only to determine the authenticity of application materials and enrollment status. We (Rivkind, Margulies & Rivkind, P.A.) do not share this information with third parties, nor do we consider submission of this information as tacit permission to receive future promotional materials or solicitations from the law firm. The confidentiality of application materials is maintained at all times. Application materials are destroyed after the evaluation process, during which our annual winner is chosen.
We look forward to reviewing your application – Good luck!